Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pregnancy Update; Team Pink vs. Team Blue

Hello everyone.. I am back at it again (shocking right?!.. I'm shocking myself too, believe me) and I thought I would share some of my experiences so far with my pregnancy. 

Here is our pregnancy announcement in all its glory in case you haven't gotten a good look at it yet (it's pretty adorable right?!) and most would say it's extremely fitting.. (bun in the oven... catch the baking pun?) 


So while I have always wanted to be a mom and experience pregnancy (those baby bumps are quite envious, don't you think?), I really never knew what to expect once we saw those two pink lines on the pregnancy test. My mom had always told me her not so pleasant experiences, so I figured that was what I was in for. But, I also heard (and hoped) that every pregnancy was completely different. 

For me I have had it relatively easy compared to those horror stories that I encountered. Aside from feeling complete and utter exhaustion & some heavy bouts of morning (more like all-day) sickness from time to time, I've been doing great. Like most, I have my good days and my bad and I have been feeling really good lately. Especially since we get to find out whether or not this little one inside of me is a boy or a girl on Thursday! So much excitement is ahead and it helps to look forward to that whenever I am feeling gross. Here's little one at my last ultrasound weeks ago.


Another thing that helps me feel wonderful is being able to hear my little one's heartbeat just pounding away. I was told not to buy one of these before I got pregnant because it could cause unnecessary stress if I couldn't find the heartbeat, so I put off buying the Doppler until I knew I could probably hear it. While I was frustrated at first because it took me about 20 minutes to finally find the heartbeat, once I did it made everything worth it. The sound is so soothing (to me & Ty at least) and I could fall asleep to it. I guess the feeling of knowing your little one is so alive inside of you is what makes me the happiest. Here's a little video from today of our little one's heartbeat. I think little one is sleeping in this video because its heartbeat at the doctor yesterday was way up in the 160s. 


What do you guys think if you had to guess? Team Blue or Team Pink? Tyler & I don't have a clue and will be over the moon with a boy or a girl. We cannot wait to see what little one is! 

That's all for now. See you all Thursday ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment